The route to Simplicity. Part 2

On the route to simplicity you need alternatives- it is not a matter of designing the ‘one right way’. Selecting one way the best one- challenge and discard existing elements. There is something of natural selection which can only work if you test & measure different ways. We did this with the ordering of the symbols into the Big Picture path.

Everything needs to justify its continued existence. If you wish to retain something for the sake of tradition let that be a conscious decision. I did this for the process symbol because it's an industry standard. EVERY other element is designed specifically for the purpose it serves. You need to be prepared to start over again. In the search for Simplicity, modify if you can – start afresh if you cannot.

Starting out with just another (Traction) Business Consultancy  I threw away the model, the branding and the website. It just wasn't my thing- I couldn't make it simple enough. I focused on my most well-formed product Big Picture which went through it's own rounds of refinement. If you're disciplined and focused you'll get to where you need to be.  

Use concepts- a way of simplifying the world around. I call them patterns and use them for the template, path and symbols,